Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, hoping someone might provide some insight. So, I have an 03 freedom edition tj and I am getting the strangest squeaking sound from the front end. When I'm going down the road, right around 20mph a constant squeak sound starts up. The sound comes and goes, and seems to only happen when it's cold out, below 40 degrees. The front brakes and rotors are about five months old so I don't think its the chirpers. Any ideas?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,473 Posts
The front driveshaft's CV joint might be the culprit. When one of the u-joints or the centering joint inside the CV joint (the one closest to the transfer case) goes bad, it can start squeaking and sound like 'Angry Sparrows' chirping which is how it is often described. Disconnecting the front of the driveshaft and tieing/zip-tieing it up & out of the way to stop it from spinning is one way to see if the chirping stops when the front driveshaft stops spinning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts