Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veeeery close to buying some Poison Spyder Crusher Fender Flares. Since I've had my Rubi, one thing that always bugged me was how fat the front fenders were compared to the back.

I want to get the Standard width Aluminum ones which seem to not be as wide as the stock front fenders (which is what I want) while also showing a lot more of the wheel well which makes it look better to me.

My only concern is that just doing the front will get that 3" more opening on the well, but having the thinner stock rear fenders will still be showing the same amount and not look like the front. I can't find pics anywhere of people just doing the front fenders to see if this would look funny.

These fenders are$579 per pair! So my initial plan to just have thinner front fenders may turn to me doing all 4 and cost me $579 × 2 = $1,158. Oh and my stock fenders match my Jeep's paint and I want to keep that way so according to 1 estimate I can add $200 × 4 (Fenders) = $800! So Almost $2,000 for everything!!!

Anyone seen these or have this done before? Go front only? Or better to do all 4? Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have the front nemesis and haven't installed the rears due to lack of time and the jeep does look funny. Thats also due to the fact that the front nemesis are color matched and the oem rears are matte textured

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the front nemesis and haven't installed the rears due to lack of time and the jeep does look funny. Thats also due to the fact that the front nemesis are color matched and the oem rears are matte textured
I was hoping I could get the fronts and be done with it. But if it gives it 3" of tire view and the back fenders are stock and the 3" less. I guess that wont look good

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive seen the youtube videos of the trimmed ones. Not my thing. But saving $1,800, it may very well be.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I live so soflo, and Morris 4x4 is selling rear crushers im black for 200 and fronts for 250 used on craigslist, they look in good conditions, maybe try contacting them and see if they ship

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I live so soflo, and Morris 4x4 is selling rear crushers im black for 200 and fronts for 250 used on craigslist, they look in good conditions, maybe try contacting them and see if they ship
Sounds like a steal!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I'd do all 4. I honestly don't think it would look good just to do two.

Save up and get them all at once, or see if you can take advantage of the deal above.

I got lucky on mine and got them for half price from 4wp I believe. They were some special edition and powdercoated tan. I rattle canned them black over the powdercoat and they are still holding up well after 2.5 years.

FWIW, mine are steel, not aluminum.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd do all 4. I honestly don't think it would look good just to do two.

Save up and get them all at once, or see if you can take advantage of the deal above.

I got lucky on mine and got them for half price from 4wp I believe. They were some special edition and powdercoated tan. I rattle canned them black over the powdercoat and they are still holding up well after 2.5 years.

FWIW, mine are steel, not aluminum.
Thanks. That things a beauty! Nice job on your Jeep!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your fenders, they are Standard or Narrow width? That is another problem Im having. I really like the look of both but, I got 1.5" Spidertrax spacers and thinking narrow might be too much tire sticking out. Like the look of yours

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Your fenders, they are Standard or Narrow width? That is another problem Im having. I really like the look of both but, I got 1.5" Spidertrax spacers and thinking narrow might be too much tire sticking out. Like the look of yours
They are standard width. Wheels are 4.75" backspace if i remember correctly.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts