Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can see from my post count that I am very new to my Jeep. I bought my used 2013 Sahara JKU in january as my first purchased vehicle after my hand-me-down blazer began falling apart. I couldn't be more happy with my purchase! I actually enjoy driving and now find excuses to drive around on nice days.

Being that I am such a novice, my jku is essentially stock other than replaced headlights, interior lighting, and blacked out wheels. I knew the next thing I wanted was a winch in hopes to feel more comfortable with the idea of pushing it to it's limits but I also don't think I will be doing the type of wheeling where I need a steel bumper and all the added weight of that. I decided a removable hitch mounted winch would fit the bill for my use. Therefore, the first step was to find a hitch.

I scoured the net and found the only options was the Curt front hitch mount commonly used for plows. This was alright, but it would set the winch level with the bumper reducing my approach angle greatly. I kept looking and happened upon a thread from Never2Old.

Never2Old had designed and fabricated a hitch mount that sat above the bumper. It was exactly what I was looking for so I PMed him in hopes of getting some suggestions of how he fabricated it. To my surprise he mentioned he had gone to a permanent mount winch and aftermarket bumper and had the hitch if I was interested. Obviously I was so he worked out the cost of shipping it to me and had it to me (nicely packaged) within a week! Talk about a warm welcome to a new Jeeper from another.

This thing is heavy duty and well built, like extremely well built. Real care and attention to detail. I just installed it today within extreme excitement and am VERY pleased with the results. Sadly due to some unforeseen finical issues I have to wait to get the winch, but great experience from beginning to end.

2014-05-12 16.33.51.jpg
2014-05-12 19.11.18.jpg

Again a big shoutout to Never2Old. I love the jeep community!

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
That is a very cool story... congratulations on your new family member and many years of jeeping pleasure to you sir!

Welcome indeed!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ditto on that's cool, I don't want to replace my bumper either, and in lieu of trying to squeeze a winch behind the bumper, that looks like a great alternative. Do you have any more details on thickness of steel and mounting points, so I can see about having one made up? Like the Commando Green too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts