Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a 2.5" lift on 2015 JKUS, and trying to decide on LCA's, Synergy extended fixed high clearance has stock style bushings, Currie/Teraflex runs Johnny Joints on one end. Most budget 2.5" kits do not require lca replacement, but I want geometry as close to stock as possible without drop brackets. I'm thinking running 2 JJ, with the rest of the bushings stock would not do much good and may even accelerate wear on the stock bushings. I know most will say adjustable is better, and I agree, but is it necessary on 2.5?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
TF's spherical bushing is not a JJ. Lets get that out of the way :)

Any arm with one flex/rubber bushing will be better at dampening the road (NVH)
The only difference running on both ends is the arm will bind less.

Synergy now uses their own dual durometer in place of the stock clevite.

RK now uses their own Pro flex bushing. Its kind of like a hybrid rubber/spherical bushing. I run and love the new design.

MC uses the Duroflex bushing on both ends. The idea is reduced NVH and binding using a spherical type bushing on both ends.

Do you want to be able to adjust on the jeep?
Evo, Synergy adjust on the jeep. The rest use jam nuts.

It's ultimately your choice. Any of the arms mention will do what you want them to do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, any idea which bushings would last the longest as compared to stock?

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Thanks man, any idea which bushings would last the longest as compared to stock?
The JJ is prob the best bushing on the market. Tried and true. The MC joints are getting great reviews, but (i believe) have to be pulled apart and serviced once a year,
I honestly have not seen any issues with RK's latest pro Krawler joint. The last gen bushing had some issues. I have a lot of faith in the newer Krawler joint and Flex joint.
As far as Synergy's DD bushing, too new. Iirc the DD bushing will be replacing the JJ and run on both ends.

I left out TF because their bushing is not that good. I love TF as a company but the Spherical bushing needs a redesign for longer life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts