Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some googling and searching but could not find the right answer. I need to put a front license plate on my 2019 Wrangler Sport (plastic bumper) but the dealership claims Wranglers do not come with that option (I am aware of the craziness of that answer)

With that said what is the best way to do it? Get 2 self tapping screws from home depot? Should the dealership have something?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did some googling and searching but could not find the right answer. I need to put a front license plate on my 2019 Wrangler Sport (plastic bumper) but the dealership claims Wranglers do not come with that option (I am aware of the craziness of that answer)

With that said what is the best way to do it? Get 2 self tapping screws from home depot? Should the dealership have something?
Not true. They should have installed or given you a front mounting bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here in Ontario Canada we have to run a front plate. Ours has a bracket installed from the dealer; they put our plates on our JL.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
ALL new vehicle come with a front license plate mount from the factory. Some states do not require or provide a front plate for automobiles. Some states issue front plates but the 'COPS' have better things to do than enforce the statutes that they deem PETTY. That would be Nevada. I had a NHP tell me that if 'ONE' of the three brake lights installed by the factory are working, he doesn't bother to tell the driver that the other two are not working. BUT, the factory does provide a way to mount a front plate on each and every car/suv/truck/etc. that leaves their facility. If the dealership does not get that mount to the person purchasing their vehicles and that state issues and requires a front plate be mounted, they (the dealship) is in the danger zone. If your state does not even issue a front plate for auto's, then the dealership can throw those mounts away. It all depends on if the DMV issues one or two plates for vehicles.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Attached is a recent photo of our 2018 Jeep Sport JLU. Our state requires front plates and the mounting points came on the Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
FYI, There is NO such dealer or factory supplied front license plate bracket, period ! Look at your FRONT plastic bumper and you will see several slight "detents" molded into the Front bumper. These detents align with ALL states license plate pre-drilled mounting holes ! ref: post by "cwmartin59", he is CORRECT. Hope this answer helps you. T. J.

·
Registered
179 Posts
FYI, There is NO such dealer or factory supplied front license plate bracket, period ! Look at your FRONT plastic bumper and you will see several slight "detents" molded into the Front bumper. These detents align with ALL states license plate pre-drilled mounting holes ! ref: post by "cwmartin59", he is CORRECT. Hope this answer helps you. T. J.
I guess my dealer/salesmen must have really loved me. Supplied bracket and oem screws. Being in NJ he’s asked me If he should install bracket.

·
Registered
225 Posts
31 states + Washington, DC, require two tags. While there will always be exceptions, most vehicles sold in the US come with a front tag mount (either mounted or as a part sitting in the cargo area) or one is available. My JL came with one in the cargo area and my dealer threw it on before I left the lot.

When I bought my Hellcat, the dealer left the mount in the trunk and I added it when I got home.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Incorrect. Many high end exotic cars do not have mounts from the factory. McLaren being one such vehicle.

My Toyota 86 came with a mounting bracket, but my Challenger did not.
Can speak about "exotic cars" because, well, just because. BUT for the everyday, average car sold in USA, you went to the dealership and tried to order one?? And they told you they don't exist or are not even made??? I was told by a dealership that "THEY DO EXIST," that they just throw them away because most people don't use them.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Can speak about "exotic cars" because, well, just because. BUT for the everyday, average car sold in USA, you went to the dealership and tried to order one?? And they told you they don't exist or are not even made??? I was told by a dealership that "THEY DO EXIST," that they just throw them away because most people don't use them.

I was just pointing out the error, when you said all new vehicles come with a front mount. That simply is not the case. Now, you are changing it to every day average cars sold only in the US. Had you said that at first, I would be inclined to agree with you and wouldn't have even posted.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was just pointing out the error, when you said all new vehicles come with a front mount. That simply is not the case. Now, you are changing it to every day average cars sold only in the US. Had you said that at first, I would be inclined to agree with you and wouldn't have even posted.
I've seen a P1 with a front plate. Are you saying the factory does not make a bracket? Is it a dealer thing?

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
I've seen a P1 with a front plate. Are you saying the factory does not make a bracket? Is it a dealer thing?
Seeing it doesn't mean it came from the factory that way. Multiple posts on a McLaren forum with owners saying there was nothing to mount a front plate to. Owners had to get something aftermarket, as nothing came from the factory.

Also:

https://www.motor1.com/news/304256/texas-bill-nix-front-license-plate/

For the most part, this quote is true.

"And these are cars without traditional bumpers that have a license plate bracket.”

·
Registered
395 Posts
Seeing it doesn't mean it came from the factory that way. Multiple posts on a McLaren forum with owners saying there was nothing to mount a front plate to. Owners had to get something aftermarket, as nothing came from the factory.

Also:

https://www.motor1.com/news/304256/texas-bill-nix-front-license-plate/

For the most part, this quote is true.

"And these are cars without traditional bumpers that have a license plate bracket.”

Can do this in California https://licenseplatewrap.com/

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Free To Good Home?
nah. I posted something that I don't know so I deleted it.but I did forward the info to a friend that has a front license plate on his beamer. His plate looks like a mini snow plow and does not like the wrap......oh well

1 - 20 of 33 Posts