Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plates for my '15 Unlimited Sahara were delivered this week. I purchased in PA but drive it in NJ...There is no bracket on the front bumper of course. I don't like the idea of drilling holes in the front bumper. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't put one on,I have an FJ Cruiser I bought in PA 2 years ago and have never put a front plate on.I had a Land Rover Discovery for 3 years,no front plate.Just act like it must have just fallen off if u get pulled over.MY Jeep doesn't have a front plate either.(only had it a month)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Try some 3M outdoor double backed tape. Works well on my wife's front bumper on her commander. Her bumper is painted though. Should stick to plastic if it's cleaned well. I just jammed my plate under the roller fairlead and tightened the bolts. I don't want to give the Local Po-Po any reason to pull me over.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Depends what town you're in. I was pulled over in Wall about 8 years ago for having no plate on my mustang at the time. I just moved back up here from Texas and ziptied it to my grill for the time being since i know how NJ cops can be.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Zip ties. I cut my bumper and removed cover but zip tied mine to top of bumper. You can't really see it but at least if I get pulled over its on car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts