Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

So I crawl under the Yeep to check on things as it's just turned about 600-700 miles on the new lift and I see whats pictured here (same on both sides) . Is it anything to worry about? If so, correction steps? It's a Rock Krawler 2.5" flex system lift. Need more pics let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Loosen the jam nut first, then prybar, then retighten jam nut. Too many shops don't even bother with aligning the joints properly and that's probably what's happened to yours.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Loosen the jam nut first, then prybar, then retighten jam nut. Too many shops don't even bother with aligning the joints properly and that's probably what's happened to yours.
X2

You can put a block in there to hold the joint straight while you tighten the jam nut.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! I love this forum...Instant answers! I just need to get a wrench the right size on/for the jam nut. ��

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re-reading your post, you said both joints at either end of the control arms are oriented the same way, parralel with eachother? If so, you're all set. When you flex, the joints will re center, no problem.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I've slid a thick screw driver up between the joint and the mount to hold it square in the mount. it don't take much , then tighten the jam nut .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts