Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JKU is a couple weeks old. I put on Jeep branded door sills a week after ownership. We had a nice rain today in So Cal so I checked for any leaks. While I was inspecting the floors I noticed my passenger door did not sit flush with the body. Drivers side is pretty much on and both rear doors are 100% perfect.

Could the door sills cause a problem with the doors shutting flush? As I said, I've only had the vehicle a couple weeks, could I have not noticed this? I know you can adjust the doors for fitment, I just didnt want to go there + not really comfortable doing it.

If you have the jeep branded sills, can you post up a picture showing the fitment (side view). Included is my picture. The picture makes it look more skewed than the naked eye.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Weird, well the only time my doors aren't flush with the body is when one isn't closed all the way. Never had a problem like that with it fully closed. I do have to close the front doors with a bit more force than a usual vehicle, though. Only with the hard top panels on, anyway. With the panels off they close easily.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's not right. Its under warranty so take it back and make them install the leak you didn't get!
LMAO. So true though and thats the sad part.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My passenger side door is exactly the same from factory. 2015 delivery in December. It's drives me bonkers. No leaks though.
No door sills? Have you attempted to "adjust" the doors?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Really guys it's only a matter of loosening one torx striker in a little bit, might take all of 10 seconds if you're slow. Not something I would waste my time at the dealership for but your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where exactly is the striker?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
My mistake its two tore bolts so it will take the full 10 seconds.
It's on the inside of the door jam, I've always known them as door posts but these are hoops, it's where your door latches onto. Just loosen both torx bolts just a turn or two and the whole hoop will move in or out, just move it in a 1/4" and you'll be good.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If its not leaking I would leave it alone but that's just me.
I agree. I wouldn't try to adjust it yet. I have the Mopar door sills and they don't interfere with the door at all. If they were attached properly that shouldn't be the problem. If the door has been closed all the way the next thing to check is the door weatherstrip. It sometimes comes off of the inner track because it's not glued in. Make sure it's properly in the track all the way around. If it's not it can cause what you're seeing, especially since you haven't noticed it before. When there are no leaks, adjusting the door is something you don't want to do right away unless it's definately out of alignment. Again, check the door seal. It might be out of the track. After looking at that photo again, I'm going with the seal is definately out of the track. After you adjust it, to keep it from happening again, get silicone spray, treat a rag and wipe down the door seals to keep them from sticking to the door jamb.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My mistake its two tore bolts so it will take the full 10 seconds.
It's on the inside of the door jam, I've always known them as door posts but these are hoops, it's where your door latches onto. Just loosen both torx bolts just a turn or two and the whole hoop will move in or out, just move it in a 1/4" and you'll be good.
Thanks so much for the explanation!! Seems easy enough.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. I wouldn't try to adjust it yet. I have the Mopar door sills and they don't interfere with the door at all. If they were attached properly that shouldn't be the problem. If the door has been closed all the way the next thing to check is the door weatherstrip. It sometimes comes off of the inner track because it's not glued in. Make sure it's properly in the track all the way around. If it's not it can cause what you're seeing, especially since you haven't noticed it before. When there are no leaks, adjusting the door is something you don't want to do right away unless it's definately out of alignment. Again, check the door seal. It might be out of the track. After looking at that photo again, I'm going with the seal is definately out of the track. After you adjust it, to keep it from happening again, get silicone spray, treat a rag and wipe down the door seals to keep them from sticking to the door jamb.
Thanks Kik. Seems like a very sensible first step. At a certain point, I have to realize I purchase a Jeep product. Having traded in a 4th gen 4Runner I may be over optimistic in the "fit n finish".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Passenger Door Not Flush

I just took delivery of 2017 Sport S. I noticed last week that the passenger door is flush at the top with the body of the jeep; however the bottom corner of the door sticks out a good bit....Could this be a manufacture defect? I checked the seals and everything appears to be correct. Has anyone found a solution in correcting this. The other 3 doors still flush or very close to flush....Please advise

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can adjust this with the bolts on the inside of the door. Since you are under warranty, make the dealership fix it. Make sure they don't scratch the pain off on the bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
The doors can be adjusted in just about every way.My pass. door needed the to be adjusted at the hinges in the door jam.The paint will chip on the bolts.If you dont know what youre doing you can screw it up.I had lots of practice on my XJ,replacing the door pins.That door can be made right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts