Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange occurrence on my JKU yesterday. Everything was working fine for the 30 minute drive to my destination, then I stopped and parked for about 30 minutes. Upon returning I found that neither of my front windows would roll down. Both rears were OK, but the fronts were stuck up. Turned off the ignition and opened the driver's door to kill accessory power, started the Jeep again and all was well. Very odd.

Just tossing it out there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Me too!

I had the exact same occurrence yesterday with my 2012, and took the same steps you did, with the same result.

Are you my evil twin?! :eek:

·
Registered
105 Posts
This sort of thing has happened to me but it was with the Uconnect system. I powered down the vehicle, opened the driver door. waited 30 seconds and started buck up and it finally recognized my iPod. It has happened a couple of times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Sahara Unlimited that I got back in August and my front power windows have done the same thing 4 times. It's really annoying and it's embarassing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a 2013 Sahara 2 weeks ago and the power windows did the same thing this morning. Turned off the motor, restarted it & everything was fine. Has anyone figured out the cause yet?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
there's definitely a bug in the jeep's controller. i don't know why they haven't addressed it yet. it's not just the windows, it's the A/C control, the wiper control, the indicators...basically everything. it'll be something super minor, but they probably outsource the software and can't be bothered to correct it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My 2012 JKUR did it too once two weeks after I bought it. It was nice for my wife to see that our $40,000 was spent on a quality vehicle. My washer nozzle mysteriously blew out and my wheel centercaps like to fall out spontaneously. Waiting for my cylinder heads to fall off now. Starting to think that Daewoo secretly makes Jeeps now for Chrysler, lol. Ive owned alot of Chrysler products, namely Dodge trucks and have never had an ounce of trouble. I hope this isnt an omen. Even with the minor troubles, it still somehow puts a smile on my face everytime I see and drive it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked up my '13 JK last night, and had to drive home this afternoon in 90-something temperatures without a/c because the blowers don't seem to want to kick on. Not sure if I should hope for the open door/restart engine fix or not.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 2012 JKU did the front window no go thing...power down open door and all is good.
Only happend once...If it shows up again into the dealer it go's for a timeout.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Had that happen to me a couple of weeks ago had the top back and windows down .i got a phone call through uconnect .so i hit the answer button and then imeditally rolled up the power windows at the same time .had my conversation hung up then went to roll down windows and nothing .WTF right...go to where i was going turned off jeep opened door turned key back to Acc and now they work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank god I found this thread! I just drove my 2012 JK with the windows down, parked the Jeep and put the windows up. When I went to drive it again the windows didn't work at all and had to run the AC! Thankfully that worked but I coun't think of any reason why this would've happened and almost called the dealership. I may call them anyway just to see if they ever heard of this issue and if they're working on it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hasn't happened to me.. yet. I know Chrysler has had a reputation for horrible electrical issues since the 70's but you would think after 40 years they would be improved.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts