Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Front power windows quit working

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Old Dogger 
#1 ·
Ok today I was getting my 2016 unlimited ready to sell. After spraying it off I found both drive and passenger front power windows will not go down. Rear works fine. Both worked until I sprayed off the Jeep. Ideas please. No trail riding....LOL.

#3 ·
Actually, I would start by unplugging, and re plugging the electrical connection you un plug to remove your doors.

Reactions: JeepLover41
#5 ·
a few qustions come to mind reading this so I will ask as it seems no one has done so yet....

1: how did you spray it off? (power wash or water bottle? or something else?
2: was the jeep "on" when you did this? windows open?

my bet is either you got water where it shouldn't have been or a fuse is popped. I would first check your fuse(s) then if that passes (most likely fuse is good) unplug the switch and reseat the connector back in and retest, if that works then issue is solved, if not then (if able) test the connectors for power with multimeter (should have 12V at the plug IIRC, I have a Sport with manual windows so I can't help any further on that respect) if the connector tests ok and your getting power to the switch the next thing would be either swap the switch with a known good working one if that get them working your good to go, replace switch and be done with it. If not then we can get into the window motor(s) (unlikely both would have failed at the same time, hence why I feel the switch is bad) but I have seen stranger things happen before while working on cars.....anyways next would be to confirm that you are getting power to each motor directly (at each plug in the door) and again digital volt multimeter is useful, others with power windows hopefully will confirm what wires do what, but you want to verify 12V on the circuit at each motor.

#6 ·
I did spray it with a power washer, always do. This is the first time it has every happened. But after it being restarted several times the windows just decided to start to work again. The odd things that happen. Thanks guys for all the suggestions. The mystery is not solve, but hell I can open the windows so its all good I guess....:).