Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TJWrangler Rubicon with Jeep RB1 radio and 7 factory speakers

What replacement speakers do you recommend without buying a separate amp?

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
RB1 is a nice radio but no MP3 capability
If you add a multiplex box you can add both a oem Sirius receiver and a oem 6 dvd changer and the last version that ends in AC even plays MP3 CDR and has front rca plugs for audio and video six in
Can also add a uconnect hands free phone voice dialing Bluetooth and numbers display on the RB1

As for speakers I recommend the late 90s early 2000 mercedes ML speakers that came with the Bose system

The front doors coax fit the sound pods and the rear doors fit in the dash

The make good sound with factory level output
Just be sure to isolate front of speaker from rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RB1 is a nice radio but no MP3 capability
If you add a multiplex box you can add both a oem Sirius receiver and a oem 6 dvd changer and the last version that ends in AC even plays MP3 CDR and has front rca plugs for audio and video six in
Can also add a uconnect hands free phone voice dialing Bluetooth and numbers display on the RB1
Thanks! I forgot to say we already have the Jeep Sirius receiver. Works great!

Great info on the Multiplex box, DVD changer, uConnect & Mercedes speakers too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have Morel's that are fantastic! However, I do have external amps that really make them sing. Honestly, I think if you are running just the factory head unit, any reasonably quality speaker will suffice.

I know its not exactly cheap, but consider upgrading to external amplifiers and perhaps a subwoofer. The sound quality makes a quantum leap. I did that and thank myself every day for it.

By the way, when upgrading speakers, you should always put 5.25" in the front with special fit brackets. Huge improvement over the factory 4x6's.

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
Attached is a pic with the front and rear of Bose in the TJ adapter brackets along with a Bose as it comes out of The ML rear door
Plus I threw in a multiplex box that lets you connect both a dvd changer and sirius sat box at same time to the 10 pin on the radio

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
You can quickly tell if an ML is equipped with Bose by feeling for the subwoofer box under the drivers seat

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have Morel's that are fantastic! However, I do have external amps that really make them sing. Honestly, I think if you are running just the factory head unit, any reasonably quality speaker will suffice.

I know its not exactly cheap, but consider upgrading to external amplifiers and perhaps a subwoofer. The sound quality makes a quantum leap. I did that and thank myself every day for it.

By the way, when upgrading speakers, you should always put 5.25" in the front with special fit brackets. Huge improvement over the factory 4x6's.
^^ AND enclosure pods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts