Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I was working on the jeep and had reclined the passenger side seat and left if in the reclined position over night. During the night, the temperatures reached down to -24 F and when I came out in the morning and tried to return the seat to its upright position the seat would not remain upright.

It appears that something in the mechanism is malfunctioning or broke.

Does anybody know what might have broke? Is there a spring that might have been stretched when I reclined the seat and may have broken as it got colder through the night? Maybe the cold and the malfunction aren't related, but I don't usually leave the seat reclined through the night.

I can't find a good schematic, picture, drawing or video that shows what's going on in the seat. Any info would be helpful.

·
Registered
981 Posts
When you pull up on the lever to recline or upright the seat, it pulls a pin.
At -24, I'm betting the grease around the pin froze up a bit keeping it from falling into place to secure the seat.

Start it up, crank up the heat for 30 minutes or so, try to adjust the seat again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts