Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Ok, so I know this isn't a new topic, but it is a new question! :)

Perhaps my biggest complaint with my 2010 JK is the fact that access to the back seat really stinks (to put it mildly). I know, I know...please, no comments about "just throw the back seat out, what's a back seat, get the 4Dr, etc, etc." I've had Jeeps my whole driving life, and I've always used the back seat the way it was intended. I really don't want a four-door, and should be able to use my back seat like on every other Jeep. 'Nuff said. :)

Anyway, I have verified (by going to the dealership) that the 2012 front seat (passenger's side anyway) now slides and tilts like the TJs did. Very cool...

So here's my question: Does anyone know if the seat track from a 2012 Wrangler can be used on 2010 Wrangler?

I'm guessing that it should fit, as long as the floor-mount bolt patterns and seat attachment points are the same. Even if the seat attachment points were slightly different, it would probably be doable with some modification.

If anyone knows for sure, or even better if you have tried it, please let me know. I really like my current JK as it is decked out to my liking, but getting the kids in and out of the back is a huge pain.

I most certainly will appreciate any helpful comments and/or suggetions!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Bob~

·
Registered
780 Posts
Only problem I can see is that they will only be available from the dealer$hip.....

Better be prepared to sell your first born!

But still, I am subscribed awaiting to see if anyone has priced them!

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
SeaComms said:
Only problem I can see is that they will only be available from the dealer$hip.....

Better be prepared to sell your first born!

But still, I am subscribed awaiting to see if anyone has priced them!
Maybe a used seat or bracket from a salvage yard?

The aftermarket could make a killing if some sort of bracket was made for pre 11's.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Sounds good to me, even if only the passenger side is do-able. Would be better than the current setup. Would definately like to have it on both seats.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Believe it or not, I posted some pictures a while back of the extra access. It would not be worth it in my opinion. You would still have all the track, hardware in the way, but the backrest goes up a wee bit more.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Great response from the thread...it sure seems like there's a bunch of us that would like the "rear access problem" corrected.

-->@SeaComms: Yeah, that's my fear about getting the part through the dealership...the cost will probably be tough to swallow. :|

Also, I've tried researching for the part online, but haven't found a source yet. \
FYI: I was unable to definitively confirm that the 2011's have the new seat tilt feature...I only saw it on the 2012. But most of the online parts catalogs don't seem to have a parts listing for the 2012s yet. So it's a waiting game for now. :|

-->@kjeeper10: A salvage yard will probably be my first option, though I hate the thought that someone's JK will have to "die" in order for me to try this retrofit. :(

As for the sensors, I don't think they should be a problem if it's a direct-bolt-in modification.

-->@the Kolector: I certainly agree with you, but I'm going to focus on just the passenger's seat first. I typically don't even use the slider on my driver's side (re-adjusting the driver's seat pump-up-thing is a pain every time).

-->@New2012JEEP: Thanks for the helpful information...and I agree with you that the gain isn't that spectactular. That being said, it was way easier for me (a 'bigger' guy) to get into the back of the 2012 than it is for me to climb in the back of my 2010. The new mechanism seems to get the physical seat just a bit more out of the way, hence a bit more room for access to the back. It will really be a question of the cost vs. the benefit of a possible retrofit.

Anyway, thanks for the replies....still hoping to hear from someone's who has tried this. Who knows, maybe it will be me! :)

Take care, all!

Regards,

Bob~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts