Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question, my buddy hasa brand new "rough county" front skid plate that he doesn't need and offered it to me for $50. Description says it replaces cheap plastic one...my jeep has a metal one stock? Is the rough country thicker or at least as strong as my OEM front skid plate? I do like the laser etching but don't want to down grade.

Other question, I am getting the bumper (pictured below) Will this skid plate work with this?

Rough country:

Front Skid Plate / Armor for 07-16 Jeep JK Wrangler [778] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

My skid plate and bumper I am getting below

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
The only way it could be a metal one stock, that I know of, is you you either have the Moab edition or it was an AEV build... or some new 2016 model I have never heard of yet. The bumper from this angle looks like an AEV which would mean you have this skid.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way it could be a metal one stock, that I know of, is you you either have the Moab edition or it was an AEV build... or some new 2016 model I have never heard of yet. The bumper from this angle looks like an AEV which would mean you have this skid.
its a 2016 "back county".

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's the exact skid plate I have, also has full metal underneath (tranny ect)...Most come on the 2016 back county sahara models. I think my skid plate is better than the rough country one lol!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I have the AEV tubeless front bumper with winch block off plate also, have the rear bumper as well? This jeep har 15 miles on it when I picked it up, guess the 2016 have AEV equipment on them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,618 Posts
The stock ones are stamped steel. Pretty strong but not as strong as the aftermarket plate steel ones. The only question you need to answer is will it fit. Most of the aftermarket one work with a specific bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts