Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
How difficult is it REALLY to replace the front speakers on a 2011 Wrangler ??
THIS IS WHAT I USED AND IT WAS SIMPLE.:thumb:

The passenger side is very easy and I reccomend you do this one first. It will make the driver side that much easier.

Remove the glove box and the side panel of the dash. Then remove the three screws holding the dash to the frame (two in the bottom corners of the glove box opening and one underneath by the door strap). There are three screws that hold the speaker box in. The two gold screws on the right side and one on the left of the box accessed from underneath. Disconnect the speaker wire on the outside of the speaker box. Slide the speaker box to the left and out the glove box hole. Replace the speaker and install.

Driver side:

Remove the side panel of the dash and the panel under the steering wheel. Both of these snap in. Then remove the three dash screws under the steering wheel and one underneath by the door strap. Romove the two silver screws holding the plate under the steering wheel.

As on the right side, the speaker box is held in by the same three screws, two gold ones on the side and one from the bottom. Remove these screws and unhook the speaker wires from the box. Pulling the dashboard forward you easily tilt the speaker box forward to remove it. Replace the speaker and install.

Remember to stuff the boxes with polyfil. I installed 6.5 speakers in the front and rear also i had to drill new holes in the speaker boxes.

Top Dash Tweeters:

I left those stock.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Poly fill gives the box a larger surface area (think bigger box). Dynomat is anti-resonance material (think back-wave). Two completely different things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts