Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 two door sport with 14 springs on front and 57's on the rear. My new 285-70 17" wheels and tire will be here along with my Tera-Flex leveling kit tomorrow.

In the next month or so I will be adding a stubby front bumper along with a new winch. And here's my question..

If I was to swap out my front spring to offset the new bumper and winch weight with a set of takeoff springs in the 18 rate would that be about right..

Has anyone ever made a chart that showed how much lift just changing your low number stock springs with a higher number stock spring. Not looking for to add a real lift, this is a DD and just need a boost to offset extra front bumper weight.

Thanks again, Smitty

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If your leveling kit comes with spring coils, you can just add a 1/2'' or 1'' spacer to compensate. If the kit is a coil spacer you may need to buy larger ones for the front
I changed my front 2'' spacer out to a teraflex 2.5" and corrected the little bit of droop from the new bumper and winch.

·
Registered
873 Posts
At my local dealership there is a Unlimited Rubi and an Unlimited Sport parked next to one another. The Rubi sits about one inch or so higher...I can try and check the spring rates when I get a chance.

On the chance you want some 18 and 59 series springs/shocks...just let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts