Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help here. I had a 4" Skyjacker lift with adjustable control arms F&R, Track Bar brackets, etc. It was simply too darn high, so I ordered a Rough Country 2.5 inch shock and spring lift. Had a local shop do the swap and alignment and my front is still at 4". The alignment came back OK (so they said, I didn't get a printout). One thing I know they didn't do is adjust my track bar. the front is OK (another sign I haven't lowered there), but the rear is shifted to the Driver side. I am taking it back in today to have them move the track bar to the middle hole of the TB bracket to hopefully fix. If not, I will get an adjustable track bar. I have attached a pic.

I really question whether these guys knew what they were doing or did I get the wrong front spring set?

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
Wow. Looks as if the springs weren't changed in front. Track bar would just throw the axle off to one side a lot.

Being that the shop didn't mention any of it to you, I'd say use someone else if you can't do it yourself. They should've said, "hey man...we put this stuff in, but...". At least that's my opinion.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea. I'm going back today and will take a better look. I am using the track bar brackets that were on the 4" lift. The rear bracket has two positions and based on the part number it is for 2" or 4" lifts, so moving that position should be fine. The front has only one position, so once it is at the correct height, I may need an adjustable track bar.

I don't have a good, local knowledgable shop...at least that I've found yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So to add to my frustration, Rough Country sent me the wrong front springs. They are sending me a new set, but now I have to pay AGAIN for labor and NO ONE is willing to take responsibility. I understand not paying for labor...but there is such a thing as customer retention and stepping up to the plate. provide some store credit, other products, etc. Something more than a windshield sticker that advertises your website (extremeterrain.com)

For this reason I will NEVER buy Rough Country products or from extremeterrain.com ever again. I may be a small guy in the whole scheme of things, but this was really terrible customer service.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.
Making it your problem that they can't ship the right parts speaks volumes.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
So to add to my frustration, Rough Country sent me the wrong front springs. They are sending me a new set, but now I have to pay AGAIN for labor and NO ONE is willing to take responsibility. I understand not paying for labor...but there is such a thing as customer retention and stepping up to the plate. provide some store credit, other products, etc. Something more than a windshield sticker that advertises your website (extremeterrain.com)

For this reason I will NEVER buy Rough Country products or from extremeterrain.com ever again. I may be a small guy in the whole scheme of things, but this was really terrible customer service.
Wow...I thought the springs were wrong (and Ken). Sorry to hear you got hosed for install $$ twice. If I were the shop, I wouldn't make you eat it...at least discount the second time. I feel like they are partly responsible because in their position they should have known (and probably did know) the front springs were wrong, and notified you before proceeding further.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the shop is actually going to cut me a deal. They had a suspicion they were the wrong front springs, but since they don't swap for height on a regular basis, I don't blame them for going with what was clearly sent by the manufacturer. I inspected the box myself and it was clearly marked as what I ordered. When I called Rough Country, the guy initially thought I was wrong, but when he had me measure the spring height installed, he knew they messed up and said they would ship the parts out ASAP. I'm scheduled to have it fixed Saturday, as long as the parts get here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts