Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I can't help but notice after putting on my new tires & wheel spacers, both my front tires seem to poke out more than the rear set, its even on both sides but is this normal?

35" Tires w/ 2" wheel spacers.

My JKU is a Sport, 2010 model with front Dana 30 & rear 44. Thanks!

@Main Line Willys - heres the side shots

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Are you running stock wheels?
How about a picture from the rear showing both front and back.

Just a heads up, that much tire exposed is screaming pull me over in PA

Reactions: Jab1719

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Mikester86 thanks haha - just wait until i get the rest of the stuff on their =D

& @Main Line Willys - Yeah I've been lucky so far (I actually misread the law originally & though, I just needed fenders didnt read the part about how they need to cover the entire tread of the tire)

, best I can add is a side angle photo as the Jeep is in the shop right now. Also, yes stock wheels (nothing fancy - gonna beatm up)

·
Registered
41 Posts
now that im looking at an older picture, it looks like it was always that way

just more pronounced now with the wider tires

I feel like im going crazy now because if you look at this photo you can tell the width of the front is stanced out a little more than the width of the rear -_-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that it's really just an illusion, since the width of the tub at the rear wheel wells is wider than the width of the front clip at the front wheel wells. It didn't look as pronounced with stock fender flares because the stock front flares are wider than the stock rear flares.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,852 Posts
its an illusion. Measure the front outside tire to outside tire in front and back on the ground. Bet its the same. The front of the Jeep minus the fenders is narrower than the rear minus the fenders... thus making it look smaller. Measure a set of OEM fenders and you will see the front are wider than the rears.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Put the front tires pointed forwards, then measure outside to outside of the tires both front and back. It looks like they didn't put spacers on the back.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just let my wife drive it and park it in front of your house. She will have both wheels jammed against the curb. Then you can measure to the other side and see if their the same.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Put chalk or water on the tires and drive straight. See if the rear tires follow the path of the fronts or if they are inside the tire paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Prages that makes a crap ton of sense
@RockyMtn if I didn't actually watch them put the spacers on, I'd be taking the tires off to check haha so I know that's not it
@PlineyTheElder great advice

Thanks for the feedback, I think you're right that its an illusion, I'll know for sure in 1 week when I get ole'girl back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts