Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the front frame sections came predrilled for tow hooks? I bought two Warn hooks from my local 4wd shop thinking I'd just bolt them right on. I took the plastic cover off and, to my surprise, only one hole. :confused: Do I need Jeep specific hooks like off a Sahara or something? These hooks don't line up with any two holes on the front frame rails (It's a 95).

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
you can just drill the one hole. the hooks that are longer to accomodate both holes are usually pretty pricey.

·
Really?
6,455 Posts
Yeah, like doc said, you can drill a hole. It will come out in the tubular cross member if you are mounting it with the bumper bolt. They make ones specifically for YJ's but there again, like doc said, they can be pricey. The warn ones, I think, will directly bolt up to a TJ.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Use the Hole you found under the cover and the hole for the Bolt holding the Bumper On.

I'm assuming you got something like these:

Otherwise......start fabing....cuz these wont werk

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Use the Hole you found under the cover and the hole for the Bolt holding the Bumper On.

I'm assuming you got something like these:

Otherwise......start fabing....cuz these wont werk
most of the hooks you buy for yj look like the top ones, but without the third set of holes. so they are a little shorter, but a lot cheaper. the ones with the three holes are more expensive, or at least they were many years ago the last time i looked, thats why most people just drill the hole, and like ccain said, it ends up right in the tube crossmember, pretty easy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah - the ones I got are the two hole ones - too short to go from the hole under the cover to the front bumper bolt. I'll just drill another hole into the crossmember.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
PM me before you go drilling. I must have my set of stock hooks off the YJ somewhere in the garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts