Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, newer jeep owner. 2000 TJ , I wanted to replace my front end track bar, due to the ole death wobble I experienced. I bought a new one and I'm not sure what I'm missing here, this doesn't seem to be a standard track bar. Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Looks like an adjustable track bar to me. Although I cannot tell which brand

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
not necessarily, it depends on what fits your needs. if your jeep is lifted, the oem one will not center your axles. I am very happy with my metal cloak adj front track bar and it does use the heim joint. currie makes a pretty stellar adj front track bar as well.

that said, are you sure the DW problem is in the track bar? just about any warn steering component can cause DW. have you noticed play in the track bar and have you done a dry steering test?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I don't know if that's the issue . After reading the forum post, it seemed like the most common problem. Dry steering test? Seeing if anything is lose by moving wheel back and forth? Thanks for help btw

·
Registered
332 Posts
with someone watching, or you watching, the other person quicky shakes the steering wheel back and forth (doesn't need to be much movement, not enough to turn tires). Look for anything that moves that shouldn't.

I have the currie TJJ track bar, I do like it. Most of my other parts are metal cloak, If my stuff hadn't already been drilled out for the currie i probably would have gone with MC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.