Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
You don't need to, but it's a good idea.

TF adjustable TB is beefy. Centering the axle is a piece of cake. I'd get LCA geometry correction brackets too. Improves caster and steering a lot.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Do I need to run an adjustable front trackbar with a 2.5 lift?
Somewhere someone did the math to see how far off center your axle would be with different size lifts. I wish I had saved the link. At 2.5" your axle won't be too far off center but an adjustable Track Bar will get it back in line. The other benefit is that a new track bar can be stronger and won't flex. A coworker had a wobble that he couldn't track down until he put a GoPro under his rig and saw how much his stock track bar flexed when hit a pot hole with 35's.

Let me know if you decide to swap out the bar and I'll get you a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Neither the adjustable TB nor the brackets are required for a 2.5" lift. However, if you are stickler for having the axle centered and minimizing bump steer then you can one or both.

IMO, drive it for a while and then decide if you want to add the the TB since you have the brackets.

The TF TB mentioned by XYZ is a good choice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
With the AEV 2.5 DS and .75" spacer upfront (the AEV lift didn't level it like I wanted) my axle was off close to a half inch. Upgraded to the Metalcloak TB to bring it back center. I can definitely tell a difference in the ride and steering. Feels much more firm and in control with 34's.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the AEV 2.5 DS and .75" spacer upfront (the AEV lift didn't level it like I wanted) my axle was off close to a half inch. Upgraded to the Metalcloak TB to bring it back center. I can definitely tell a difference in the ride and steering. Feels much more firm and in control with 34's.
I was looking into Metalcloak but what pushed me away was I saw there FTB was for a 3.5 lift and it takes forever to ship.

·
Super Moderator
14,553 Posts
As above, need? no. want? yes. :happyyes:

I'm planning for the RK Bomb Proof bar. Competitively priced, works for 2" to 4" (perfect) and it's RK...

JK Front Bomb Proof Adjustable Track Bar

Cheers! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I was looking into Metalcloak but what pushed me away was I saw there FTB was for a 3.5 lift and it takes forever to ship.
Works fine for me. I could even shorten it an inch before I'm out of adjustment. I ordered it from Northridge 4x4 when they had the Metalcloak products 10% off. Had it in and installed 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Works fine for me. I could even shorten it an inch before I'm out of adjustment. I ordered it from Northridge 4x4 when they had the Metalcloak products 10% off. Had it in and installed 2 weeks later.
My bad I was reading something else. Yeah 179.00 is shipping free. Im trying to go with either JKS or MC front trackbar?
Does NR 4x4 give you free shipping with that 10% off? What was your total price shipped?

·
Registered
188 Posts
My bad I was reading something else. Yeah 179.00 is shipping free. Im trying to go with either JKS or MC front trackbar? Does NR 4x4 give you free shipping with that 10% off? What was your total price shipped?
I paid $161 for it, but I think it was a one week only special they were running. Try the code "shark tank" at checkout.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Most 2.5's are 3" front.
At almost 5" of front lift my axle was about 1/2 shifted to the driver side.

Measure from the spring perch to a mold line or common point on both tires.
^^ yep! :include:

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
With the wheels off I measured from the frame to the brake rotor.
you want to measure the offset with the jeep sitting level on the ground under it's own weight. anytime you unload the suspension, the trackbar moves.... when the trackbar moves, it will change the measurement from one side to another.

i'll add this also. make sure anytime you tighten your trackbar, that the jeep is on the ground under it's own weight. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts