Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front driver side turn signal on my 2008 JK doesn't work whenever I turn the lights on. No flashing at all but the rear light blinks fast. If i turn the lights off the front signal works fine and the rear also blinks fine. I checked the bulb socket and didn't notice any corrosion or loose wires. Any ideas?

thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
A simple thing to do is switch the front turn signal bulbs and see if it follows to the other side or stays. This will isolate the bulb. With the "light blinks fast", that is an indication for a burnt element. If it follows then you know you need a new bulb.

The way these these are wired is mind bending at times and I can't remember which way it is.
Some wiring has 2 elements in a bulb. One for the running lights and one for turn. In this setup you will see with the parking lights on that the turn signal will bright/dim on the signal pulse.

Some have only 1 element and you will see the turn signal go from off to on.

Now for the third, there are still 2 elements but the computer turn both the running light and the other element on and off, but may dim/bright when the lights are on. This uses the running light element as a turn signal for daytime use and makes it brighter.

Reactions: 51Willys

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
probably a turn signal/light stalk problem. had a similar problem with my wifes jeep commander. she would put her right turn signal on and the right fog light would go out. replaced the light stalk and it was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 07. Bulb and socket worked fine when plugged into the passenger side. No corrosion anywhere. I did notice it flashed slightly out of sequence with the other lights when using the hazards. It turned out to be a bad ground wire. I just spliced into the ground wire and ran it to the frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 07. Bulb and socket worked fine when plugged into the passenger side. No corrosion anywhere. I did notice it flashed slightly out of sequence with the other lights when using the hazards. It turned out to be a bad ground wire. I just spliced into the ground wire and ran it to the frame.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
86,729 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to this so I am having the same problem do you guys have pictures of how you guys fixed it I have a 2008 jeep JK when I turn on my headlights The driver side blinker does not turn on I looked at the harness there are three cables that connect to the light one is black and the other two are white

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
86,729 Posts
Hey guys I’m new to this so I am having the same problem do you guys have pictures of how are you guys fixed it I have a 2008 jeep JK when I turn on my headlights The driver side blinker does not turn on I looked at the harness there are three cables that connect to the light one is black and the other two are white
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts