Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's inspection month and I just realized my front wiper spray doesn't work. The rear spray works fine, as do the wipers in front and back. When I press the button for the rear I hear a pretty loud motor noise. When I press for the front I can hear something but it's extremely faint.

In the picture below, I know the front motor is on the right. In what I thought was a moment of genius, I switched the tubes yet somehow that didn't do anything. I also tried removing the front tube and pressing the wiper wondering if it would shoot out (hoping for a clog) but nothing happened except it dripping out the now empty hole.

I've read all the posts on the topic and some said to test the motor by getting something from radio shack to measure something. Based on what it's doing, is it safe to say I just need a new pump? In that case, is it just replacing that pump with something like 1998-2006 Jeep Wrangler Washer Pump - Trico

As always, thanks for helping me out of a situation where I'm over my head...

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
If you switched hoses and you still can't get fluid out to the windsheild I'm going to have to say they're is some wrong with or blocking the hoses.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Disconnect the hose at the nozzle and see if it's the nozzle that is clogged.

You are kidding that the washer is checked for inspection?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Mass they test for washer fluid so if they wanted to they could fail for that.

The nozzle isn't clogged as it poured out when I pulled off the hoses when I swapped them. Does the front motor make the same sound as the back?

If I need a new pump does the kind matter? The one in the link was 30 but amazon has some that it says fits for half that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I switched the hose and it didn't work. Would switching the side the pumps are on do anything? It'd be easy to try but it'd make a mess

·
Knows a couple things...
49,386 Posts
So no matter what pump the front nozzle hose is connected to it won't squirt the windshield?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Solved! Thanks for all the quick ideas. I ended up trying to switch the hoses again and also played around with the wiring. Now I have it so the front works and the back is dead, but that's fine by me. I tested both wires and both work so it's just a matter of the pump. Does it matter which kind I get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts