Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just lunched a rear u-joint on my drive shaft. I pulled into a parking lot and dropped the rear drive shaft..... Forward most u-joint in the rear is absolutely TRASHED!!!
My question is how long can I roll on a front wheel drive Wrangler?
I plan on rebuilding the DS this week. Thoughts ???????

·
Registered
729 Posts
thanks my friend! Highway speeds are out of the question? I've got to drag a*s to work tomorrow. Should i take the mommy van??
yes!!!!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Hey guys! I just lunched a rear u-joint on my drive shaft. I pulled into a parking lot and dropped the rear drive shaft..... Forward most u-joint in the rear is absolutely TRASHED!!!
My question is how long can I roll on a front wheel drive Wrangler?
I plan on rebuilding the DS this week. Thoughts ???????
You can drive in fwd indefinitely without worry.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Edit....D35, sorry.💩
your first guess was right ;) there is no D35 in the front.
As for wighway speeds there shouldn't be a reason why not, but if you can avoid driving a damaged jeep, it would be better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I used to work for a guy that had a old Toyota. He ran on front wheel drive for years. I don't work with him anymore but he never fixed it as long as I knew him. Lol

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Yep Spicers would be a good choice. Assuming your Jeep is not a Rubicon, Spicer 5-1310x u-joints would be a good choice for your driveshafts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts