Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i parked my jeep friday with almost no fuel in the tank. went down to 10 below that night. today i went to start it and it didnt want to. turned over fine, but it sputtered for about 2 minutes then died. i put a few gallons of fuel into it, but it still wont start. im thinking there was moisture in the system that froze. ugh...
thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,119 Posts
GASLINE ANTIFREEZE !!

Comes in single use containers. Dump it in, wait 10? minutes. Start it up.

And keep the tank full. It is condensation in the air that brings in the moisture. Full tank? No air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but it was at the end of a 60 mile drive, early in the am and there are no gas stations open within easy reach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Go to CVS, Walgreens, wally world, get the biggest bottle of HIGH alkeehaul volume that they have. Put in tank upon fill up drive all the gas out well at least more than half tank. And do this every third tank or so while it is cold. Rubbing allkeehaul is the same as gas antifreeze and a whole lot cheaper. Now here in the Carolinas we just go to our friendly still and put the first corn out of it and not only does the gas lines but keeps your inners warm too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Go to CVS, Walgreens, wally world, get the biggest bottle of HIGH alkeehaul volume that they have. Put in tank upon fill up drive all the gas out well at least more than half tank. And do this every third tank or so while it is cold. Rubbing allkeehaul is the same as gas antifreeze and a whole lot cheaper. Now here in the Carolinas we just go to our friendly still and put the first corn out of it and not only does the gas lines but keeps your inners warm too.
What? No no no!

Rubbing alcohol is isopropyl alcohol and comes in various concentrations, the most common and readily available is the 70% concentration. The other 30%? WATER.

Things like Heet contain roughly 99-100% methanol which has very different properties than rubbing alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol is not used as an antifreeze, methanol is.

Please don't go pouring rubbing alcohol into your gas tank. Ack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,815 Posts
Allkeehaul? :rollseyes:

And yes, rubbing alcohol contains 20-30% or more water. You are pouring water into your gas tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,119 Posts
yeah, but it was at the end of a 60 mile drive, early in the am and there are no gas stations open within easy reach.
You know all the threads... "what should I pack?"

Well gasoline antifreeze, booster cables and a chain/towstrap are good winter items. The gasoline antifreeze costs a buck and comes in a sealed single use container the size of an airline liquor bottle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know all the threads... "what should I pack?"

Well gasoline antifreeze, booster cables and a chain/towstrap are good winter items. The gasoline antifreeze costs a buck and comes in a sealed single use container the size of an airline liquor bottle.
everything else ive got. ugh. at least the weather is turning. so i can replace the winter driving stuff for sun tan lotion and fishing poles.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top