Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Frozen Shackles ??

887 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  89quest 
#1 ·
:eek:Since I first rode in my 89yj it felt like I was sitting on the axels.I sprayed some pb on the shackels, and tried the ride, what a difference! PO was very sketchy on details, for those of you familiar with my posts "4x4 posi loc was a primer button" I dont know how long it has been sitting before I got it. Who ever worked on this rig was a real butcher I'm wondering, when they put the suspension lift on if they torqued the shackels down while it was in the air.Read this in a new post today.Is there a difinative torque on the shackel bolts? I've read everything from 35lbs to 100lbs.I want to get it right 1 nut and bolt at a time.i"m lovin this stuff!!!:dance:

#3 ·
Yeah I would jack it loosen and downjack go around the block and cycle the springs on some curbs or whatever you can find and then retorque 40-50 ft/lbs. Also pull one of the front and rear shcoks and cycle by hand. If you can full cycle by hand you need new shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.