Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Symptoms:
Brand new battery
Brand new starter
Brand new engine
All lights work w/no dimming
Red lightening bolt on instrument panel disappears after 5-10 seconds of key being in the ON position.
When moved to start there is a single click (solenoid maybe?) And doesn't not crank at all.

It's a 2010 Wrangler. This is frustrating tosay th least

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also! Problem happened after one of my doors was left ajar all night. So my first instinct was the battery so I replaced it, also jump won't work, and I'm out of ideas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Subscribed. Not because I can help but because my 2008 X just started having exactly the same issues. Hopefully someone can offer us some solutions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some from calling a few Jeep friends and mechanics it sounds like it's gonna be the solenoid or starter, regardless of it's new. So I'm gonna take it out here tomorrow and clean it best I can, check connections and reinstall and see what happens, after that if it doesn't work I'm gonna take it to auto zone and have them test it

·
Registered
504 Posts
Transmission Range Sensor. Move your gear shift from park to Neutral and try it. If you get one single click,dash light go out, most likely thats the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TRS is not the issue, goes to neutral from park, key goes from on to start, one click and nothing. Start at park and push gear shifter forward or backward doesn't work either.

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Sounds like you might have gotten a bad starter. For the sake of curiosity, did you try smacking the starter with a rubber mallet? I'd say hammer, but you might be returning it. I've got many a bad starter to work with a few smacks of a hammer. Work long enough to convince me to change the starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, but usually by the 2nd or 3rd attempt, it starts. I have replaced the starter twice, and also the ignition switch. I've tried the pushing it into park and neutral, and sometimes that works, but as I said, it will start anyway w/o doing that after 1 to 4 tries. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have you guys read up on the bad TIPM fuel relay issues? i know there are other threads on it but this site kind of pulls it all together

http://www.verticalvisions.com/tipm-fuel-relay-solutions.html
ok so not the greatest site but cant find a better one in my 30s of searching. In short there is a relay on the circuit board in the TIPM (fuse box) that gets flaky / goes bad. The test cable (you can get the parts off amazon to make your own) is a great first step to see if thats it.

hope that helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts