Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been working with Kevin on this...
its a plastic tank.
Today I dropped the tank again and put in a new fuel pump and pump relay. The pump works great ((meaning we hear the pump engage, and see gas pumped...we tested this in a can) out of the tank plugged into the harness but as mentioned in the earlier post once its mounted into the tank, we hear nothing at all coming from the pump...no humming to let us know the pump is priming.

I guess I will drop it one more time and verify all the wires are correct but I am 99.9% sure that they are particularly since it works outside of the tank.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We decided to check all of the connections on the new fuel pump again and all looked good. As a last resort we then decided to change out the terminal connector on the neg. battery terminal since it didn't seem like it was tightening snugly. Once we did that the pump worked and the Jeep fired up.

However now I hear a loud whining noise coming from the rear when the jeep is running. It sounds like its the fuel pump...
Could it just be an extremely noisy pump? I've never heard anything like this before.

Anyone have any idea's?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts