Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to install new, standard factory bulbs in the map light in my 97 TJ. It's got two lights in the soundbar.

The bulbs simply won't 'snap' into the socket. I've forced them to the point they were on the verge of braking.

I don't get it...what am I missing?

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been to several parts stores (two more today), and so far nobody can tell me the correct part number for a normal replacement bulb for the 'map' light for the soundbar.

Can anyone help with just a part number (not looking for LED's). It would be greatly appreciated!

regards

·
Registered
163 Posts
You probably already did this but usually bulbs have the numbers on them. Did you take a look at the old bulb to see if there are any numbers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got my jeep about a month ago and there was no bulb in the dome light. My manual calls for 212-2 bulb, but from looking at the bulb, that is not it. I went to autozone and the parts guy came and looked. He thought this one bulb would work. It was a 921 bulb and it works perfectly. Hope that helps

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I got the jeep, there were not any bulbs in it. I've used a meter, and it has voltage.

I called the local Jeep dealership, and he could not find it. He suggested I check the owners manual, which lists 912 (doesn't fit).

I will check the 212-2 bulb, thanks for any and all help here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts