Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newly rebuilt 2.5L in my YJ and it has a new radiator, water pump, top and bottom hoses and temp sending unit and temp sensor. And i have now flushed the system with new coolant and water 3 times and after every flush i drive it for the day and the damn coolant looks like rust colored Sh$t. My question is why? And how the heck can I get the system clean?

Everytime i flushed it i ran the hose from the top of the rad to drain out the botom. Then i sprayed the hose in the top of the T-stat housing out the bottom of the water pump. I did both all 3 times till the water ran clear while running and while sitting. The jeep runs great and doesnt get hot, and when i pull the rad cap while running i have good circulation and flow. So should i just let it be and forget it? Is it common?

Im at last end and im tired of buying coolant. Plz any advice or thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The only real way to get all that crap out of there is to pull the engine apart and have it hot tanked. Since that's not an option 99.9% of the time just flush it out as best you can with the chemical flush products and live with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts