Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my fuel filter today and I want to make sure I am putting it back in right. On one side of the filter it says in and on the other it says out. Does the "IN" outlet point towards the gas tank or is it vice versa? I just making sure I am doing this right so I don't cause further harm. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
458 Posts
YES. inlet goes towards the tank. The inlet on the one I changed was larger in diameter than the outlet. Do yourself a favor and release the pressure from the fuel rail and remove the gas cap so you dont take a high pressure gasoline shower.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking but once I looked at the one I took out I thought I might have it backwards. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it done guys. Thanks for the tips. They helped a lot. It made me a little sick though after I changed it out. I just bought this jeep a little over a month ago and it is a 1994 YJ with 180000 miles on it and it still has the stock fuel filter. UGH!! I just want to go back and punch the guy that sold me this jeep.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How hard to do, need to do mine acceleration problems and also up there in miles and no history on if it was ever changed.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
After owning a YJ you will get used to the oils, fluids and wierd smells. PB blaster is almost like after shave now. A little gas makes a great evening perfume. Just ask my old lady she swears I do it just to piss her off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts