Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by someone that my jeep,s fuel filter is in the tank.Is this true?I thought there was one in the line somewhere:confused:

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
Yes sir...Everything I have read says that it is in the tank and that it is a lifetime filter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir...Everything I have read says that it is in the tank and that it is a lifetime filter.
Thats what I was afraid of.You would think after time that it would get clogged up but I guess as long as it gives me no trouble I won,t worry about it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thats what I was afraid of.You would think after time that it would get clogged up but I guess as long as it gives me no trouble I won,t worry about it.
its a life time filter and if youre not getting problems dont replace it. dont fix it unless its broken.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,419 Posts
The fuel filter is in a canister (the fuel pressure regulator) external to the fuel tank that sits on top of the fuel pump that is inside the fuel tank. The fuel filter has a positively huge surface area so it is truly a lifetime filter. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel filter is in a canister (the fuel pressure regulator) external to the fuel tank that sits on top of the fuel pump that is inside the fuel tank. The fuel filter has a positively huge surface area so it is truly a lifetime filter. :)
Yeah I thought the person that was telling me about it being in the tank was just pulling my leg but I guess its true!

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Even if you have an inline filter, you still have the tank filter which catch anything before the inline.

An in tank filter is not a new concept. Alot of makes and models have them. 90% of the time they never need to be replace through the life of the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts