Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2015 JKUR Hardrock with 20,000 miles. I've had it for about a month now and I've noticed my fuel gauge and DTE seem to be off compared to my old 2010 JKUR. Because I have a company gas card and I like knowing how many miles I can get per tank (ie I like knowing how long I can wait until I HAVE to get gas), I reset my trip meter every time I get gas. In my '10 my low fuel light would come on at about 310 miles, and usually meant I had about 50 miles until I needed to fill up. When I filled up, it would usually take 19-20 gallons meaning my fuel light came on with 2-3 gallons left.

In my '15 my fuel light comes on about 280 miles and my DTE is usually about 40. Today as I left for work I had 302 miles on this tank of gas. My low fuel light had just come on so I knew I'd be able to make the 32 mile drive to work. I made better time than usual so I had time to stop and get gas about a mile from my office and the tank only took 18 gallons. So at 334 miles, I still had 4ish gallons of gas but my low fuel light was on, my DTE said "low fuel" and my gauge was below the red line.

Does anyone know how to check and or reset the gas gauge/DTE calculator? I do have a Flashcal and a Jscan/Vgate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts