Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure what is causing my guage to be off but it shows i have 1/4 tank left when in fact i am empty. any suggestions on what may be the cause or what i can do to correct the discrepancy? any help is welcomed!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
you can pull your tank,make sure the arm is not hanging up and adjust it as necessary..I would just remember that 1/4 is empty and keep gas in it

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
im not sure what is causing my guage to be off but it shows i have 1/4 tank left when in fact i am empty. any suggestions on what may be the cause or what i can do to correct the discrepancy? any help is welcomed!
Unfortunately, on a YJ that's pretty normal sometimes. My suggestion would be to leave it alone and treat 1/4 as "empty". Reason being is because once you start touching the tank, unless you absolutely have to, be prepared to replace other assorted parts due to wear and corrosion. The problem is the sending unit. Even a new one might not be totally accurate. When it stops working that's when I would take care of it. Your choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts