Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2.5L with a 4.0 TB. I am thinking about installing the 19 lb. yellow Ford injectors. My question is, do I have to upgrade anything else along with the injectors (ie. pump, lines, etc.) to get the full benefits of the upgrade? Also, what are the opinions of those of you who have done the swap? Is it worth it? Thanks,

Farmer_74

·
Registered
680 Posts
I installed some yellow ford in my 4.0. noticed a little more responsive in 1st 2nd gear. didn't seem to change much at highway speed. I do run a hesco adj. fuel reg. up about 3lbs on the rail. It's worth it if you have the original injectors. brand new clean injectors do run better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will I need a new regulator?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'll be doing the upgrade to the yellow 19lb injectors before long. I won a set of eight used ones on Ebay for $22.50 shipped. I was hoping for some more input from some of you who have already done it, though. I've read some older threads and there seemed to be conflicting info about the need for an upgraded regulator. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
As I have read the old posts on this conversion, I haven't read anyone who went to a new regulator. They only make sure they put in the correct injectors.

I did this conversion on my wife's ZJ with a 5.2 V8. She gets excellent gas mileage now and it purrs like a kitten.

Take care,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts