Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving home today and I smelled gas. I opened the hood when I got home and found that the fuel line that connects to the rail right under the front of the manifold has a pin size hold in it and gas was squirting out. I do not want to drive it tomorrow because gas on a hot engine is asking for trouble. Hopefully my dealership carries the part. Would anyone happen to know the part number?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it on the Quadratec web site. Mopar 68141849AD Fuel Supply Tube for 12-18 Jeep Wrangler JK

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So after $150 in parts and 3 hours of work, I have the fuel line replaced. The cheap plastic fuel line just started to crack and leak. I have seen on the news, Jeep Wrangler JKs on the side of the road completely burned. I would not be surprised if this was the cause.

The new fuel line cost $90 and it takes a special quick coupler release tool to remove the fuel line. It cost $12 at Advanced Auto Parts. And since I was taking the intake manifold off, I decided it was a good time to replace the spark plugs ($50). Luckily my local dealer has the fuel line in stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same issue on my 13 JK and am having difficulty with the quick disconnect on the backside of the motor below the firewall. Any suggestions it seems there’s two harnesses interfering with getting the tool around the fuel line?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the Lisle fuel line disconnect tool to get the line disconnected. It was a big pain in the butt since the connection is between the engine and the fire wall and you cannot see it. I had to put a few towels over the engine and practically lay on the engine and get the tool around the fuel line just by feel. It probably took me 10 minutes or so of feeling around and maneuvering the disconnect tool over the fuel line. Once I got the tool over the fuel line, you just slide it into the quick connector and it will release and you can pull the lines apart. The line below is the tool I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-37000-Conditioning-Fuel-Disconnect/dp/B0002SRCK6

·
Retired Moderator
100,536 Posts
I have this same issue on my 13 JK and am having difficulty with the quick disconnect on the backside of the motor below the firewall. Any suggestions it seems there’s two harnesses interfering with getting the tool around the fuel line?
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts