Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today and I smelled gas. I opened the hood when I got home and found that the fuel line that connect to the rail right under the front of the manifold has a pin size hold in it and gas was squirting out. I do not want to drive it tomorrow because gas on a hot engine is asking for trouble. Hopefully my dealership carries the part. Would anyone happen to know the part number?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it on the Quadratec web site. Mopar 68141849AD Fuel Supply Tube for 12-18 Jeep Wrangler JK

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after $150 in parts and 3 hours of work, I have the fuel line replaced. The cheap plastic fuel line just started to crack and leak. I have seen on the news, Jeep Wrangler JKs on the side of the road completely burned. I would not be surprised if this was the cause.

The new fuel line cost $90 and it takes a special quick coupler release tool to remove the fuel line. It cost $12 at Advanced Auto Parts. And since I was taking the intake manifold off, I decided it was a good time to replace the spark plugs ($50). Luckily my local dealer has the fuel line in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts