Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed gas fumes getting stronger lately. When I looked around, I noticed a leak coming from the fuel filter area. I dropped the skidplate, and then restarted the jeep. :banghead:

Sure enough there was a steady stream of gas shooting up onto the bottom of the jeep. Luckily it was just the rubber hose that connects the fuel line to the filter. :)

Bought a piece of hose at Kragen and fixed it right up. Now no more leak. You really have to appreciate a repair that costs a $1.00.

Anyway, wanted to share that since I was so happy it wasnt something major. :D

Trolloc

btw; 95 wrangler, 4 banger

·
Registered
933 Posts
cant beat that!

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
this is kind of a silly question, but you did get rubber hose made for fuel correct? they are different, regular rubber hose won't work long.

·
Registered
933 Posts
this is kind of a silly question, but you did get rubber hose made for fuel correct? they are different, regular rubber hose won't work long.
thats not silly, thats a very good point. i didnt even think of that!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep.

Made sure I got fuel hose. Thanks for asking though, otherwise im sure id be replacing it in the near future...;)

Trolloc

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yep.

Made sure I got fuel hose. Thanks for asking though, otherwise im sure id be replacing it in the near future...;)

Trolloc
well then i think youre straight then. and yeah, cant beat that for a dollar!! nice work by the way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I couldn't get a sort fuel hose to take that sharp bend without kinking. Ended up with the OEM hose from the stealership, 22 bux.

Yeah, I got hosed. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts