Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled my jeep up for the first time after buying it a month ago. its a 90 yj with the 2.5. I was getting a bad fuel smell inside the cab. found where it was coming from. There are 2 rubber lines coming out of the passenger side of the fuel tank, into a tee, one line from the tee goes to a metal hard line sticking up into the passenger side quarter panel of the jeep. At the end of this hard line there is a broken off rubber hose. What is supposed to be at the end of this hose? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Sorry, mine is different but from what I have read, the rollover valve is located in that area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking thats what this is. Any idea on where to get this rollover valve? I called the local parts store and they dont even know what i am talking about.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
When I had my leak it was the fuel pump to tank gasket only available at the dealership (unless you wanted to buy a $230 fuel pump assy). Best bet would be the dealer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's the roll over valve. I by-passed mine by replacing the T and removing the hard line. couldn't find a new valve anywhere

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the roll over valve. I by-passed mine by replacing the T and removing the hard line. couldn't find a new valve anywhere
So you just took the tee out and replaced with a solid splice connecting the 2 lines from the tank together. No problems after you did this?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep did it 3 months ago. I thought the tank was leaking, when I dropped it I found out it was the valve, I haven't had a problem since. On mine the 2 hoses on the passenger side go into a T and there is another smaller hose that runs to the driver side, like a return line? That connected to the top of the valve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts