Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New member here. Just got a 2015 Wrangler sport. I need to post this question here. How much fuel is in tank when the low fuel light comes on. My last jeep did not have a fuel light and my dad's old 48 had a stick. Could not find any info in manual, but a lot of info about the radio. Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 2-door has an 18-gallon tank, according to the manual. When the fuel light comes on, it takes a little over 14 gallons to fill it back up.

I think the 4-door has a larger tank.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My 4 door has the 22.5 gallon tank. When the light reads "low fuel" and doesn't give a range, I still have 3.5 gallons in the tank. When the light first comes on I usually have have about 5 gallons left. Or with my MPG, about 70 miles til empty...

·
Registered
328 Posts
wow, i always though the tank was the same size... when my light goes on i usually fill up pretty soon.. with in a gallon for sure... i always end up with a 16-17 gallon tab at the pump. So i would say about 4-5 gallons left.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
It uses the calculations the same as the MPG readout on the dash. It figures out how many miles you have left and then turns on the light when it figures speed and mpg rating are low. it will actually say too low if you cycle through to the miles left reading on the odometer settings.

So it is completely arbitrary, and will not be the same every time. Too much computing required with too many variables. it is a great way to keep the missus and kid from running out of gas though. I actually like the Jeep Nanny for them.

Bob K.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it's about a couple of gallons. I know the computer says how many miles to empty you have but I don't always trust it, plus I don't know if it is still factoring past fuel usage. Just like to know if light comes on I have maybe a couple of gallons left and can do a rough estimate to stop for gas.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,020 Posts
i've filled up my 2dr rubicon right just after the light came on. Still had about 3.5 gallons of fuel left. hope that helps

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I run mine pretty low and have rarely put in over 18 gallons. The miles on my EVIC goes to about 50, then just Low.

Whenever I've considered trying to run it through the 50, then about 2 gallons more, I think of that guy on the side of the road who runs out of gas and its not worth it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hard to read page 306 of the owners manual when there isn't one. My 2015 manual only goes to page 144 and no mention of low fuel. That is why I posted the question and appreciate respectful answers.

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
Hard to read page 306 of the owners manual when there isn't one. My 2015 manual only goes to page 144 and no mention of low fuel. That is why I posted the question and appreciate respectful answers.
There is one. You were looking in the owners GUIDE that came with your Jeep. You can call and request a free hard copy of the owners MANUAL or you can download one from the link I provided. Then you can look up these easy answers in your very own owners manual in the future. ;)

Here, I'll be a nice guy and save you from having to look up the #. You're welcome.

If you bought a Jeep and got a DVD owner's manual, you are entitled to a FREE, printed copy! Call Jeep Customer Service at 1-877-426-5337 to request a copy. They will send it by UPS and you'll have it in about a week.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was on a road trip, and pulled off the highway, with a little over 1/4 tank of gas. I parked in the drainage ditch so that I would be safe from highway traffic. When I started up the Jeep to leave, low fuel light was on. It went out once the Jeep was level again. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Av8tor2. First time I had to download an owners manual for a 30 some thousand dollar car. New world I guess. This helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts