Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a while and I think I've landed on the glossy black & milled Mavericks for my 2015 JKU. My question now is, what size wheel do you think would look best and on what tire? I plan on getting a 2.5 lift, and I think I will likely go with 33" tires.

I saw some pictures of 20x10 on 33s from 2012ArcticBeast (which look great), but also curious what smaller size wheels might look like if anybody has them?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
33's on 20's not so sure. 20's on 35s on the other hand...

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
don't do it!! mavericks suck if you use your jeep as a jeep. The valves are in between the spokes. Airing down/up is a PITA due to the location. Also, I had the multi hole (10) bolts. that makes it worst trying to put the rear spare tire by yourself trying to align 3 bolts out of the 10. Last, the plastic covers are susceptible to scratches and very very fragile.
If you guys are happy with your fuel wheels.. good. I would do the anza's or trophys if I had another crack at them. good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have the 17" Fuel Anza's with 285 Duratrac's and love them. Get compliments on them all the time.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would do 17" with 35's, IMO 33's look too small on the JKU.

Edit, depends on the gearing you have. IMO, 4.10's is the minimum if you are doing 35's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my gearing is 3.73... I'm not sure I want all out 35s, what about something closer to 34? I was looking at Nitto Terra Grappler G2 LT305/70R17, or GY Duratrac LT315/70R17. Any opinions on these?

Another question would be, would I be able to get these before I get my lift? or would I have rubbing issues? I know nothing about offset/backspacing, so I don't even know which model of the wheel I would need?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts