Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
This one looks like it goes in line. Which could take some modification with the hard plastic jeep lines. And what would you do with the regulator on the rail? I'm looking at some cheap bosch injectors right now, and I know to make them work best you need to bump up the pressure a few pounds.
Universal JDM Blue Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator FPR with PSI Gauge | eBay
See reviews on Amazon,

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Genssi Fuel Pressure Regulator Universal JDM Adjustable Turbo Fuel 140PSI Red

Also, read this post on 4bangerjp for some injector info,

Chrysler/Jeep and FoMoCo Fuel Injectors

I personally would not bother with an adjustable pressure regulator especially for the 2.5l. Not so sure that computer is flexible enough in its programming to know what to do with all that extra gas. IMHO

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had read that write up on injectors before, and was looking for it last night but couldn't find it . I go to 4banger often as I have a 2.5L. Thanks for the link it was exactly what I was looking for. I've heard if I go with the #19lb injectors I should bump up the fuel pressure a couple pounds, so I'm looking into it. I've got the 4.0 TB and I have headers and hi-flo exhaust waiting to go on soon.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks. I had read that write up on injectors before, and was looking for it last night but couldn't find it . I go to 4banger often as I have a 2.5L. Thanks for the link it was exactly what I was looking for. I've heard if I go with the #19lb injectors I should bump up the fuel pressure a couple pounds, so I'm looking into it. I've got the 4.0 TB and I have headers and hi-flo exhaust waiting to go on soon.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the injector swap. Please post any results you have, good or bad. I should mention that I spoke with Bocsh and was told that they never made a 4 hole injector for the Jeep 2.5l. He could not provide a model, from another engine, that would work but he lead me to believe that if I provided him a model number of an injector he could see if it would work in the Jeep 2.5l.

I have been leaning towards trying a 19lb injector, which one I don't know because it is not a major concern yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts