Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a brand new fuel pump, has been working great! The other day, I dropped the tank to install new tank straps. The install went smoothly, but now I can't get fuel to the engine. Everything was hooked up correctly, I simply reversed the dropdown process. The only thing I can think of is that the guy I had investigating an issue with my tail lights may have disconnected something important under the hood. Anyone have any ideas to point me in the correct direction?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
when you first turn your key on you can hear the fuel pump for just a second...at least on all mine you can..if something electrical is disconnected then the pump probably won't come on

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you first turn your key on you can hear the fuel pump for just a second...at least on all mine you can..if something electrical is disconnected then the pump probably won't come on

It was the wiring for the fuel pump. One of the wires was a little off the mark. I pulled it back out, plugged it in, fired Ole Odysseus right up. Made my day! Now I get to drive it to work in a hurricane.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Normus said:
It was the wiring for the fuel pump. One of the wires was a little off the mark. I pulled it back out, plugged it in, fired Ole Odysseus right up. Made my day! Now I get to drive it to work in a hurricane.
Great news brother! I'm in the same boat as you with the hurricane. Stay safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts