Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 jeep wrangler 2.5, i drove it home from work, run fine all the way home, i parked it, got it it the next day and it wouldnt start, i replaced the fuel pump, but now im not getting any power to the fuel pump, i can hook 12v straight to the harness and the jeep will fire right up, ive swapped relays and fuses, anyone have any ideas of what else it could be?!?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its possible, i would like to eliminate other possibilities b4 i start chasing wires, does the 97 jeep wrangler 2.5 have a reset switch for the fuel pump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can feel the relay clicking when the key is turned over, so i know im getting power to the relay, so i hooked 12v straight to my hot and my ground in the relay and it still wouldnt run, so i must have a wire broke

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Getting power & ground to the relay won’t help if you are using terminals 85 & 86 of the relay socket because while that will click the relay, if terminal 30 has no power nothing will get to the pump when the relay closes (clicks). I’m not sure that is what you are doing but it sounds like it is. Here’s how to test it.

Make sure you have power to the relay terminal 30 from fuse 16, also in the PDC. Then all you have to do is make a short jumper & jump from 30 to the 87 terminal to power the pump. That will be to test but don’t leave the jumper in more than a short time unless it starts because the jumper will run the pump even with the key off & you can damage the pump if left pumping without the engine running since there is no bypass or return line to the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got it goin, i cut my hot wire coming from the bottom of the pdc from the fuel pump relay and put a new wire in and ran to the tank and hooked it up and she started right up, wire must have been broke or possibly pulled aparts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts