Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I do not have a fuel smell anymore...I think. Now what I notice it takes 3 or 4 attempts for the jeep to start. Is there some type of check valve that keep fuel in the fuel line for easy starting? We pressed the "srader" (sp) valve and no fuel came out while jeep was parked.

The best description is, it seems like I ran the jeep out of gas every time I go to start it up. Fortunately I have a battery that could fire up an airplane so it has always started.

I do want to replace the charcoal filter.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My 95 with a 4.0 did the same thing. I was told that there is an o-ring or something that goes bad in the tank at the fule pump and lets the pressure off and the fuel from the rail goes back into the tank. I just would turn the key on, let the fuel pump prime, and then start it. It usually started right up. Sometime it took two times. This was mostly in the colder months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you d5string, I will pass this along to my mechanic. He is not a total jeep mechanic. He does help me out quite a bit though...which has been priceless to me since this is an older vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts