Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Jeep Community

Yesterday noticed a heavy gasoline odor coming from my 2013 Jeep JK. After spending the morning tracking down the leak I found the source. It is coming from the fuel supply tube/fuel rail connection.

My question to the community is: is it possible to just replace the 90degree connection fitting? If so what diameter fitting would i need (3/8th, 5/16th)?

or would I have to replace the whole fuel supply tube?

If anyone has had any issues, please share some insight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,799 Posts
Mods should move this to JK section.

If it was mine, I would take it to a Jeep dealer, document the problem and see if they will fix under warranty. A Leaky fuel line, assuming it’s the high pressure line, is a pretty serious issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In case anyone is have this issue, I have fixed the leak.

Parts needed to fix:
Fuel Supply Tube, Mopar part number: 68141849AD

In order to remove this fuel supply tube you will need to remove the air intake, then remove the upper air intake manifold, this will give you easy access to the duel supply tube that is attached to the fuel rail. To remove the manifold you will need a 10mm and 8mm socket. Then you will need to remove the fastener that attached to the fuel rail with some pliers and a bit of creativity. In order to remove the rear end of the tube you will need a fuel tube quick disconnect tool. attache the tool then pull up on the tube, it should come off easily. Once Its off do the process in reverse to install. Make sure you put on new gaskets on the intake manifold.

Total cost of this repair was $45, not including tools.

Total time was about an hour.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In case anyone is have this issue, I have fixed the leak.

Parts needed to fix:
Fuel Supply Tube, Mopar part number: 68141849AD

In order to remove this fuel supply tube you will need to remove the air intake, then remove the upper air intake manifold, this will give you easy access to the duel supply tube that is attached to the fuel rail. To remove the manifold you will need a 10mm and 8mm socket. Then you will need to remove the fastener that attached to the fuel rail with some pliers and a bit of creativity. In order to remove the rear end of the tube you will need a fuel tube quick disconnect tool. attache the tool then pull up on the tube, it should come off easily. Once Its off do the process in reverse to install. Make sure you put on new gaskets on the intake manifold.

Total cost of this repair was $45, not including tools.

Total time was about an hour.

Where did you find the parts for that low of a price? local dealer is quoting about $120 and online vendors a little over $60. thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts