Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've got a 93 wrangler 2.5L that's having some fuel issues. Starting from the beginning, I recently replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, and also cleaned the tank out really good, along with replacing the relay for the fuel pump. All this was done maybe a year and a half ago. About 6 months ago I started randomly losing fuel pressure. It happened mostly after I'd drive to work. Whenever id get off work it wouldn't want to crank. Usually it would crank after a day or two of sitting. But I wasn't getting any fuel pressure at the motor and when I turned the ignition, I wouldn't hear the pump turning on. It only did this every now and then so I ignored it but now it's been sitting for about a month or two and won't get any fuel pressure at all. I expected maybe the pump was faulty and needed to simply be changed again, but I'm just guessing.

Any ideas on what is going on or something else I could check would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
12,680 Posts
Easiest thing to check is the relay. You state that you don't hear the fuel pump priming.

Let us know what you find. Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and test it for consistent priming. You can hear the relay click, and see the pressure jump up each time and see if it clicks, but fails to pump, or fails to click.
Prime and drain at least 20 times. Let us know what you get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts