Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Last night after filling up with gas, I got out of the jeep and immediately smelled fresh gas after a drive. I look under the tank and see dripping. Part of the assembly that goes from the tank to the charcoal canister had dropped onto my tail pipe, and was beginning to melt. I know I'm extremely lucky here because it could have been much worse.

I'm trying to figure out how to replace this part, or what it even does exactly. I have a metal tank. Two lines leave the passenger side of the tank and connect to a metal line, which then connects to this piece, which finally connects to the rubber line going back to the canister.

Anyone know how to get a hold of this, or has anyone bypassed it? I can find tank vent valves all day for plastic tanks, but not on that looks like this. I'm not certain if it has any functionality other than creating a 90 degree angle for fumes?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,992 Posts
Evap emissions required by feds

Back before such regulations vehicles just had vented gas caps and no other plumbing to tank except fill spout and supply line to engine

But today it would be illegal to cap that off and use a vented gas cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,420 Posts
Go to pg 478 in the 87-90 parts catalog in my manuals link. That valve looks like the one out of the venezuelan models. I would match up the U.S. model pieces and retrofit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts