Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I’m fueling and fill the tank up. Sometimes the pump clicks off when full and gas overflows. This doesn’t happen all the time and I fuel up mostly at the same station. So curious if others have this issue or if it’s the pumps at my station.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 2011 and it overflows 99% of the time. It can be embarrassing as people will shout to me that it is overflowing. This is the first vehicle I've ever had that did this. I just bought the Jeep this past May and I haven't done any research into this yet.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
This was very common on the early JK's. I believe there is a fix.
It also happened on my 2008, but only at a certain time.
So here's my question-does it only do it late fall through spring? This was my experience, ONLY did it then. My guess was it had to do with winter gas. I have no idea why it would, but literally NEVER happened the rest of the year. My only thought was the blend difference had some effect on the vapors, and in turn did not feed through the Jeep fill tube and back to fill nozzle, which I assume is what triggers the shut off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Yeah, the o-ring that seals the check valve has deteriorated due to the ethanol. This is a big problem in the TJ world from 03-06 when they sized down the ID of the filler hose. It seems that the CNNNX321AC filler neck adds a check valve in the neck to control the "spit back". There never was an official fix in the TJ world except for the "HoppeMod" of installing a GM GMT360 (Trailblazer, et al) filler neck. It had a check valve in it, similar to the Mopar part. Once you shortened the top and bottom, it fit and solved the spit back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts