Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finally did it. I fulfilled my childhood dreams of purchasing a Wrangler (Big Bear). I have been a car enthusiast since I was young. I have had my experience with racing cars as well as off-roading but have more experience with racing (Audi, GTI, r32, Q60). Yesterday, I decided to trade in the racing life for the off-road life. I'm so excited to get my truck dirty. I do have to be somewhat careful though because unfortunately, I did lease the truck for 3 years so I will have to take it on beginner trails for now. When the JL comes along, I'll buy or maybe buy this one out and hook it up 馃槒. Either way, I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with this beast. Meet "Big Bear Brett" :iamhappy:

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum and to the world of Jeeps There are many experienced individuals on here and some moderately experienced, but all started off as newbies as well.

First lesson - your Jeep is a Jeep not a car. When this forum refers to a Jeep, unless they add something else, they are talking about the traditional Jeep line (MB, CJ, Wrangler). Keep in mind that the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. You learn by asking, reading and doing.

Jeepers love to share their knowledge. Of course in off road trails the object is to just get there, not get there first. Don't be concerned about letting them know you are new, watch and listen to what the others do on the trail.

One firm rule - never go off road by your self. If you break something, it may be a long walk back to find help. Associate with a Jeep club in your area, they will generally organize off road excursions.

Reactions: LuvmyXJ

Registered
Welcome to the forum and to the world of Jeeps There are many experienced individuals on here and some moderately experienced, but all started off as newbies as well.

First lesson - your Jeep is a Jeep not a car. When this forum refers to a Jeep, unless they add something else, they are talking about the traditional Jeep line (MB, CJ, Wrangler). Keep in mind that the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. You learn by asking, reading and doing.

Jeepers love to share their knowledge. Of course in off road trails the object is to just get there, not get there first. Don't be concerned about letting them know you are new, watch and listen to what the others do on the trail.

One firm rule - never go off road by your self. If you break something, it may be a long walk back to find help. Associate with a Jeep club in your area, they will generally organize off road excursions.
This ^^^

Search the forums and if you can't find what you're looking for, ask. Jeepers are some of the best people I've met. They will help. They might piss and moan while doing it, but they'll do it, lol. Seriously, though, welcome to the family.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats! I too took possession of my first Jeep recently, also a Jeep Big Bear edition. Absolutely love it and regret waiting so long to get one.

Registered
:thumb:Nothing better then then a Hot jeep girl!
Congratulations!!! :welcome:

Reactions: Lionel

Registered
Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Registered
Just did the same here. Always a pickup / fast car guy, but being a single parent now my Willys jku just made sense and am planning on doing some light offroading with it here in PA and NJ. I had mine ordered the way I wanted it and picked it up last week. I'm looking to drive down to Quadratech this weekend and check out some more accessories for it.
Congrats on yours !!!

Attachments

Registered
There are some things you can still do to your jeep to make it "yours" during your lease term so you dont have to wait! This forum will definetly lighten your wallet so watch out!

Welcome to the family

Registered
Congrats
Looks similar to mine.

Why are my side marker lights orange/amber and the OP's clear?

Premium Member
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of great info and help at the ready.

Lots you can do with your new Jeep. The "stuff" on my current rig has been on three prior ones so it all comes off as easy as it goes on (re-sell, gift, move to another Jeep)

I believe there is a Jeep function in upstate New York next weekend you may want to look in to.

Enjoy.

Registered
It's funny how many of us are here after driving nothing but sport sedans and hatches for most of our lives, especially the Euro ones. Such a 180. Welcome to the club and congrats!

Registered
Today I finally did it. I fulfilled my childhood dreams of purchasing a Wrangler (Big Bear). I have been a car enthusiast since I was young. I have had my experience with racing cars as well as off-roading but have more experience with racing (Audi, GTI, r32, Q60). Yesterday, I decided to trade in the racing life for the off-road life. I'm so excited to get my truck dirty. I do have to be somewhat careful though because unfortunately, I did lease the truck for 3 years so I will have to take it on beginner trails for now. When the JL comes along, I'll buy or maybe buy this one out and hook it up 馃槒. Either way, I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with this beast. Meet "Big Bear Brett" :iamhappy:

Congrats and what a great name for a Jeep if i do say so myself!:drinks:

Registered
Congratulations and welcome I picked up my unlimited big bear in granite on 7/8/17 love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats on the Bear! :)
Seems like a lot of us have left sports cars for the Off-Road life. I used to do a lot of Autocross and Track day events back in the day. I guess I've mellowed a little in my old age. lol

Registered
Welcome! Did the same myself, used to drag race but got the thrill of off roading once and cant go back. There are some in NY, but being a NYer myself, its a bit of a drive but totally worth it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts