Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer gave me my VIN and VON number, and they said the full 17 digit VIN number is the two number together. As you see each number is only 8 digits which doesnt add up correctly. What am I missing, is my dealer wrong? I'm almost 100% sure I wrote them down correctly.

VON #: 25707936
VIN #: CL132089

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Your dealer has no clue. The two are not even remotely related beyond the fact that they are connected to the same vehicle. What you need are the first nine digits which will look something like this: 1C4AJWAG5 There will be variances depending on how many doors you're getting and whether or not you got side airbags, but it will pretty much look like that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Couldn't be any more false. The VON and VIN are completely different numbers. Tell them to try again, and to stop farting around with you. There should be a lot more letters than what yours shows.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Afraid you wrote something down wrong/incomplete, although I don't know what is going on in 2012-

Here's a tipical jeep VIN--1J4GA69118L614912-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couldn't be any more false. The VON and VIN are completely different numbers. Tell them to try again, and to stop farting around with you. There should be a lot more letters than what yours shows.
Figured as much, its truely amazing how little these dealers seem to know, its just hard to call somebody out on something especially since they are supposed to be the one that know...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Look online at dealer inventories and find a similar model to yours. That should get you real close to the first 8. Then google something like "VIN calculator". This will show you how to get the security digit which is the ninth character in the VIN. You already have the last 8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts